Founded in 2016 by Eric Muyser, Stoke Games is an independent game development studio based out of Vancouver, Canada.
We aspire to be the most community-involved game company in the world. We know it all starts with the player experience, and we know the community will eventually know better than we will. We were established in 2016 by a passionate gamer who believe community-first game development that will always result in awesome games. In 2016, we released our debut title, Hackatron, in less than a few months of development.
You should be able to play your game on all major platforms. Windows. Mac. Linux. iPhone. Android. Not a similar game. The same game.
We work for you.
The Stoke Manifesto
- Community first, always
- Player experience above all
- Mod all the things
- Never pay to win
- Stay agile
- Small diffs over big bangs
- Stay faithful, stay focused
- Stay hungry, stay humble
- Challenge the ordinary
- Do extraordinary things
- Small focused teams are unstoppable
- Experimentation over argument
- Excellence is a habit, not an act
- Ownership starts with ownself
What does this mean?
- Community polls that are actually followed.
- We don't do contracted games. We do our games.